Thursday, February 23, 2006

Formfilling


What a fun day! I met two of my lecturers to discuss my year-essays. For Dr Ampere, I shall be working on late Lyotard and the sublime, which will involve investigating the Levinas connection. We also discussed next year's modules, and he gave encouraging signs (I naturally get excited when the words 'Foucault', 'philosophy' and 'module' are mentioned in the same breath).
Elusive-Hyphen steered me away from a 'Bergson vs Sartre on freedom' essay, towards a Bergson and Merleau-Ponty comparative work. This is a project to which I am especially looking forward, since I am itching to investigate properly what distinguishes Bergson from phenomenology. Plus I can't wait to carefully and painstakingly describe 'the Image' in all its shimmering beauty.

No comments: