Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tuesday love

Today, I would like to sing the praises of the engineering department. They happen to take their coffee in Raffles, so I get lots of opportunities to 'accidentally overhear' the stuff they talk about.
There is one professor who repeatedly expresses his concern about lazy teachers and generous marking. He has high expectations of students, an unusual trait for lecturers these days (and something which, as a student, I find very encouraging).
On another occasion, I heard a lecturer calling for there to be no difference in pay between secretaries and professors. That is probably the most revolutionary thing I have heard come out of anyone's mouth for a long while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to have a thundercats flask and lunchbox. Does this entitle me to make arrests and detain suspected narcotics barons without trial? I suspect that Fern Cotton - she's too frenetic for my liking.